P.O. BUDOLI – 574 253.
VIA MANI, BANTWAL TALUK, DAKSHINA KANNADA, KARNATAKA
Phone – (08255) 274279.
Respected Devotees and Philanthropists,
The ancient temple of Lord Vishnumurthy stands amidst the lush green groves & fields of Peraje, a small village in Bantwal Taluk , Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka. ( 38 Kms away from MANGALORE along the NH 48 & 0.5 kms interior from Budoli stop). Lord Vishnumurthy is worshipped by the villagers of Arebettu – Mani, Peraje and adjacent villages. This ancient ‘ Vishnu Saanidhya’ being the only temple in the region – is the heart of village serenity and a place for the people to forget their woes at the Feet of the Lord. The very location of the temple, its antiquity, and the divinity of the magnificient idol of the Lord creates a memorable feeling of devotion and piety.
Having stood for centuries bearing the onslaught of time, the ancient Sanctum sanctorum, Thirtha Mantapa and other related structures of the temple were in completely dilapidated condition and showed signs of disintegration, calling for their urgent renovation. The cost of renovation & reconstruction is estimated at Rupees Thirty lakhs (Rs.30 Lakhs). In these circumstances it was decided to urgently renovate & reconstruct this temple as a ‘Shilamaya Structure’, without deviating from the traditional style of temple architecture & culture. A committee of devotees was formed for collecting donations and carrying out renovation & reconstruction works in a paced manner.
The renovation work started on 17-03-2010. The temple well was repaired, reconstructed & cleaned , the basic facilities have been constructed and the stone works of the Sanctum sanctorum & Thirtha mantapa are now in progress. It has been proposed to reinstall the idol of the Lord in the renovated Sanctum sanctorum in this ‘Uttarayana’ (probably in Feb. 2011).
The expenses associated with the renovation & reconstruction are immense and it is not possible to meet this cost from the resources of the temple & the village. The fact is that the devotees of the temple are medium agriculturists & small farmers holding fragmented land holdings. The temple too has got no substantial income generating resources of its own. The project of renovation requires & solicits the whole hearted support & guidance from the devotees for its early, successful completion.
In pursuance of His Divine influence, the committee earnestly appeals to all devotees & philanthropists to donate liberally towards this holy cause & deserving cause of reviving a temple.
May Lord Shri Vishnumurthy bless us all.
With Respectful Regards,
Convenors & Members,
“SHRI VISHNUMURTHY TEMPLE, PERAJE – JEERNODDHARA SAMITHI”
P.O. BUDOLI – 574 253, BANTWAL TALUK, DAKSHINA KANNADA.
For the kind information of the devotees & donors –
- The moneys may be remitted to our bank account with VIJAYA BANK, MANI BRANCH , S.B A/c No. 114301011000505.
- Donations by Demand Draft or Cheque may be drawn in favour of “ SHRI VISHNUMURTHY TEMPLE PERAJE JEERNODDHARA SAMITHI” ( Please correspond to the above address).
- Nearest bank is Vijaya Bank, Mani Branch. Nearest city is Mangalore .
- Every donation will be individually acknowledged.
- The names of donors contributing Rs. 5000 & more will be displayed permanently on a plaque in the temple.
- Donors contributing Rs.100,000 & more will be honoured as the members of the honourable committee.
- Lord Shri Vishnumurthy in the Garbha Gudi (Pre- renovation)
- Present renovation works underway. ( Garbha Gudi & Thirtha Mantapa reconstructed as a shilamaya structure.)